Our group was started in 1930 and registered on 7th March as 6th Holme Valley.
The original meeting place for our group was a hut purchased by the Congregational Church now Trinity Church. This was sited on land to the bottom side of the church. Disaster struck in 1964 and the hut burnt down. Major fundraising was undertaken and a ‘Buy a Brick’ scheme was started this raised £600 thanks to the parents of Cubs/Scouts and local businesses. The new headquarters was built on land owned by Trinity Church opened on 19th November. We still occupy this building today although it has under gone changes over the years the latest of which was in 2013 and was partly funded by another ‘Buy a Brick’ scheme.
We still occupy this building today although it has under gone changes over the years the latest of which was in 2013 and was partly funded by another ‘Buy a Brick’ scheme and by donations and grants from local and national businesses and charities.
The Group is sponsored by Trinity Church and in1970 was officially renamed as 6th Holme Valley (Trinity Church) Scout Group.
The group is run by a dedicated group of Leaders, led by our two Group Scout Leaders Kat Finlayson and Kirsty Gedney, with help from parents on a rota basis. They are supported by our Group Executive Committee.
- Number – 524744